DIANA Prazak retained her WBC Women’s Super Featherweight title with a fifth round TKO victory over Shannon O’Connell on Saturday night at the Melbourne Pavilion.
O’Connell who stepped up two weight classes for the fight, came up off the canvas twice in round two and put in a brave performance, but in the end Prazak’s power proved too much for O’Connell.
The fight was stopped in the closing stages of round five and seemed somewhat premature but it was clear who was on top.
Both fighters thanked their opponents following the fight, saying how tough they are and it’s Prazak who remains the #1 women’s super featherweight in the world.
In the co-main event, Jake Carr easily encountered for Lyndon Edney who took the fight on less than 48 hours notice after Carr’s original opponent Mohammed Akrong went AWOL. All three judges scored the fight 60-53 in favour of Carr who remains unbeaten.
- Diana Prazak def. Shannon O’Connell via TKO, Round 5 at 1:56.
- Jake Carr def. Lyndon Edney via UD (60-53, 60-53, 60-53).
- Darren Askew def. Matthew Lytwynenko via TKO, Round 6.
- Ibrahim Balla def. Thongtaeng Muangsima via TKO, Round 2.
- Joel Camilleri def. Michael Dan via UD (40-36, 39-37, 39-37).
- Andrew Robinson def. Paul Watson via TKO, Round 3 at 2:47.
- Daniel Smith def. Nigel Veloute via KO, Round 1 at 2:59.